Decluttering your Living Space
When renting an apartment at Legacy Court Apartments in Midvale, you will want to make sure you are using all of the available space to its full potential. The best way to do this is by decluttering your living space and keeping it that way. We have gathered some decluttering tips and what you should be getting rid of below so you can be well on your way to having the apartment you have always wanted.
- Old shoes can cause clutter and unpleasant odor in your closet. If you haven’t worn your old shoes in a while it may be time to throw them out. If your shoes are still in good shape consider donating them.
- Unworn clothing can also take up room in your closet that could easily be used to store the items you use every day. An easy way to tell if you haven’t worn clothing in a while is by starting a 3 or 6 month period with all of your hangers turned backwards. By the end of the set term you still have backwards hangers, take them out of your closet and toss, donate, or store them.
- Wedding invitations, while sentimental and beautiful are an item that should be considered for tossing out. Unless you have plans for creating a scrap book or a gift for a loved one, they should be placed in the recycling bin.
- Expired bills and coupons should be sorted through and thrown out. Piles of unused paper can easily clutter your office space or kitchen table. Sort through and keep only what is current.
- Books can often take up a lot of space and collect a lot of dust. For avid readers, collecting books can be your decluttering downfall. Go through our books and see which ones you can donate. It is always best to keep what you are reading or plan to read and get rid of everything else.
- Duplicate kitchen accessories can take up a lot of needed cupboard space in your kitchen. Go through all of your kitchen accessories and keep what you use most often. Consider donating or storing the rest. If it is deemed unusable go ahead and toss it.
Getting rid of just these few things will help you in decluttering your home. For more tips on getting the most out of your apartments space here at Legacy Court Apartments in Midvale, you can check our website each month. Our apartment rentals come with a variety of flooring and price plans so you can get exactly what you are looking for. Call us today to schedule a tour.